Good for both you and your baby!
On a cold night, this delicious soup is sure to warm you up and nourish you all at the same time! Pumpkins have lots of important nutrients that are good for both you and your baby! Pumpkins are rich in fiber, which help to prevent constipation. Pumpkins contain antioxidants and are rich in vitamin A, which support immunity and your skin for that famous "pregnancy glow". Ginger is a great anit-inflammatory ingredient and the orange adds a boost of vitamin C and freshness which I always appreciate in this dish to help balance out the flavours!
Nourish Me! Pumpkin & Ginger Soup
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 Navel orange
- 1 large onion
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Nourish Me
- 1 litre of warm water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150ml pouring cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the pumpkin, sweet potato, orange, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Heat a large soup pan (I use a 4l cast iron Chasseur pot) with olive oil and add all your prepared ingredients
- Caramelise for 5 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant
- Add your warm water and vegetable stock cube directly into the soup pan
- Bring to the boil and then cook on a low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is soft add your Nourish Me mix and stir through until dissolved
- Puree the soup with the hand blender. Add some water if the soup is too thick.
- Once served in bowls, splash some cream in at the end if you wish and season with pepper and salt.