Apologies in advance if all you eat from now on is waffles!
In the first week that Sunny Mummy went live, I celebrated by giving my Superfood mixes away as gifts every day! Since this was my first 'give-away' I had no idea how much I would actually 'gain back'! A sweet Mama who won a Sunny Mummy Boost Me! mix was so inspiring! She really went all out experimenting with her Superfood powder! I was so amazed by the things that she was making! Yoghurt mixes, bread! and WAFFLES!!! ...What a genius idea! Immediately I purchased myself a waffle machine too (Princess Multi & Sandwich 117002 - Contact Grill from bol.com) ... And just a *warning* - apologies in advance if all you eat from now on is waffles! Haha! Man! These are GOOD!!!
Nourish Me! Waffles
Ingredients (for 6 waffles)
- 2 cups of fine wholemeal Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Sunny Mummy Nourish Me! (Boost or Feed Me! work perfectly too!)
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1-2 teaspoon of maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon optional
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk (of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt or full fat greek yoghurt (also loaded with protein)
- 1-2 tsp Boost Me! Mix (Nourish Me! and Feed Me! mixes work too!)
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, Nourish Me!, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron ( about 3 tablespoons per waffel) and cook according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve immediately with your Sunny Mummy yoghurt topping, your favourite fresh fruit and a squeeze of date/agave or maple syrup!