"Often the only thing that would help me to feel better, would be a popsicle"
During my second and third pregnancies I experienced bad nausea. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and having to run to the bathroom... Even after my stomach was empty, i'd still just feel sick. At some point I would go downstairs and sit by myself in the dark (like a big exhausted weirdo) until the horrible feeling would pass. Often the only thing that would help me to feel better would be a popsicle / waterijs / ice block etc (there are lots of different names depending on your culture). My personal favourites were the Dutch 'Raketjes' but... if I had created Sunny Mummy on time for myself - I would have for sure preferred these ones! Healthy, refreshing, nausea-subsiding and delicious!
Cool-Calming Nourish Me! Popsicls
- Popsicle molds (makes 10-12)
- Food processor or a high speed blender
- Use organic where possible
- 2 teaspoons of Nourish Me! Pregnancy Mix
- ½ a cup of coconut water (natural electrolyte for hydration). Organic apple juice, pear juice or your favourite tea (green tea with lemon and ginger for example) could work too!
- 3 cups of seedless watermelon cubes (or your favourite fruit of choice)
- 2 fresh mint sprigs (10-12 leaves total - stalks not included)
- Optional - Sweetener to taste (Agave, honey, maple syrup or soft pitted dates)
- Combine all the ingredients in your blender.
- Blend on medium/high until the mixture has a smooth constancy and everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds and place carefully into your freezer for a few hours or overnight.
- Release the popsicle by pouring hot water quickly under ONE portion of your mold. Enjoy your Nourish Me! Popsicle!
- We hope you feel better soon! Sending Super Sunny Vibes your way!
Tip: These would be perfect to have in the freezer for a little extra hydration during a home birth too!