Pregnancy Cravings are real!
I've heard of people dipping pickles into ice-cream before?! but personally I enjoyed more 'normal' things like ginger, raspberries, oranges and chocolate milk (by the truck loads) when I was expecting.
During my first pregnancy I do remember finishing work and driving DIRECTLY to the shop to buy CANDY! ALL.THE.CANDY!!! I was so shocked at myself?! because normally I don't like candy?! ...Anyway, I just listened to what my body was wanting and luckily after that one afternoon of a full blown sugar high - the candy phase was over! Phew!
If I knew about this recipe 6 years ago, I'm sure I would have preferred to make it instead!
This one is for all the sweet tooth mama's out there! Satisfying, healthy, nutritious, vegan and FUN!
Nourish Me! Pregnancy Gummies
- Use organic if possible
- Silicone ice cubes / candy mould (12)
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1tsp agar agar (vegan version of gelatine and much easier to use)
- approximately 60 mls water
- 100 ml coconut yoghurt
- 3 tsp of Nourish Me! (also works with Boost Me! and Feed Me! mixes)
- Grease your silicone mold with a little coconut oil (this ensures that the gummies come out of the mold easily once set).
- Mix the coconut yoghurt with Sunny Mummy's Nourish Me! mix.
- Add in the maple syrup and stir well.
- In a small saucepan, mix the water with the agar agar
- Bring it to a slow boil for 1-2 minutes and keep mixing
- (Tip: It's important that the mixture has boiled! Otherwise the agar agar will not work and candies won't set!)
- Working quickly, add the yoghurt TO the agar agar (not the other way around!) and stir until combined.
- Agar Agar sets quite fast so make sure to keep up the pace! Spoon the mixture into your mold.
- Carefully tap the mould a few times on the bench to get any air bubbles out.
- Put the mold in the fridge and wait for a few hours until set.
- You can store the Nourish Me! Pregnancy Gummies in an air tight container for a few days.