How to transform mauled apples into magic!
On a cold winter's day I love hot mugs and comfort foods (like every one else). I was feeling creative and saw a mauled apple with a tiny bite taken out of it thanks to my teething 1.5 year old... I could give the apple to our chickens but then I thought, hmmm I have an idea! ...I wonder if it would work if I stuffed the apple with oats and Sunny Mummy's Feed Me! mix and baked it in the air-fryer?! Sounds crazy right?! BUT just 15 minutes later my house smelled amazing AND afterwards - I wished I had made more! Girls ~ this one is seriously delicious! Not only for you but also for your breastfed baby! Why? Because babies love the the taste of cinnamon and vanilla transferred through to your breast milk! Studies have shown babies drink longer after mothers have consumed these sweet and aromatic ingredients! Thanks to the galactagouges in Sunny Mummy's Feed Me! mix + the supply and demand effect, your milk will for sure be boosted! You.are.welcome!
Feed Me! Baked Apple
1 small/medium red apples
1tsp Feed Me!
Large squeeze of Maple or Agave Syrup
1/2tsp vanilla powder
1. Wash the apple and take the core out.
2. In a small bowl mix all of the ingredients together well combined and a sticky mixture has formed.
3. Using a spoon fill the centre of the apple
4. Place the apple into a silicone cupcake form
5. Place the filled apple in the silicone form in the middle of your air-fryer
6. Bake on 200c for 15mins
7. Serve with coconut, Greek yoghurt or whipped cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon
Tip: This will also work in a regular fan forced oven but will take longer. If you are using a regular oven, bake for 45-60mins or until golden brown and squishy.