The Queen of Tarts...
We all know that mums (especially breastfeeding mums) are pressed for time. That doesn't mean we have to eat boring foods though! This Feed Me! Tart is so quick, easy, nutritious, filling AND can be eaten with one hand! - In my opinion that is always an extra bonus when breastfeeding!
Feed Me! Tartlet
- 1-2 teaspoons of Feed Me! (Boost or Nourish Me! superfood mixes can work too)
- 2 cups of granola. Ideally (a low sugar variety with nuts and seeds)
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt or greek yoghurt
- Fresh fruit as topping
- Granola tart base
- Measure the pitted dates into a bowl and add the boiling water to soften for 3 minutes or until soft
- Pour the granola into a blender and add your date/water mixture
- Blend on high until combined
- Spoon your mixture into 4-6 cupcake casings. Using your hands, press the mixture down and into the sides making a 'nest' shape
- Bake in a fan forced oven on 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Once the tart nest basis are golden brown, allow to cool completely before filling.
- Yoghurt filling
1. Mix the yoghurt and Feed Me! mix until completely combined together
2. Generously spoon the superfood yoghurt mixture into the tartlet bases
3. Garnish with your favourite fresh fruit (eg. blueberries)
- You can keep the yoghurt mixture (in the fridge) and tartlet bases in a airtight container (in the cupboard) for up to a week. This way you can assemble your healthy snack as needed.
- Bovenop voedzaam eten: Zorg ervoor dat je de 'Supply and Demand' methode volgt en drink twee liter water per dag om voldoende borstvoeding te geven. Zorg goed voor jezelf Mama!