On the Go? Quickly cut a slice and eat single-handedly while feeding your baby!
Boobie Banana bread is another great 'on the go' food that you can quickly cut a slice of and eat single-handedly while feeding your baby! Not only is banana bread delicious, it's nutritious too! Why? Because of all of the factors our breast feeding biscuits describe + banana! Bananas will give you the extra calories and energy you need while breastfeeding, will aid digestion and are filled with potassium which helps to maintain your fluid and electrolyte balance. Enjoy a slice with a big glass of water! You and little babe will both be feeling Super Sunny!
Feed Me! Boobie Banana Bread
- 3-4 tsp Feed Me! mix
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic whole oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple/agave syrup, plus extra, to drizzle
- 125ml unsweetened almond milk
- 80ml light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 170C fan forced and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, oats, Feed Me! mix, baking powder + cinnamon together and stir with a metal spoon. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the maple syrup, almond milk, oil, water and vanilla. Whisk until just combined. Stir in the mashed banana.
3.Transfer mixture to the prepared loaf tin.
4. Bake the banana bread for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Cut a slice off the loaf as you need it, I find its yummiest served warm. You can spread some 'no palm please' butter or top or add some fresh sliced bananas if you please! Will keep in an air tight container for a few days.
*Bovenop voedzaam eten: Zorg ervoor dat je de 'Supply and Demand' methode volgt en drink twee liter water per dag om voldoende borstvoeding te geven. Zorg goed voor jezelf Mama!