Looking for a healthier option for your treats?
Are you a chocoholic? But looking for a healthier option for your treats? My Boost Me! brownies will not disappoint! I even served it to my friend without telling her that it was a 'healthy brownie'... even she was fooled her! haha! The main ingredient in my healthy brownies are... kidney beans! (bruine bonen) WHAT?! ...That's weird! Yep, I know! I promise when the beans are blended down and baked in the oven they actually form the most lovely gooey and soft brownie base! Even you will be pleasantly surprised! Kidney beans are cool because they are among one of the best sources of plant-based protein. Kidney beans are also good source of fibre, vitamins and minerals, such as folate, iron, copper, manganese and potassium. Add a few teaspoons of Boost Me! in there... well! You'll be feeling boosted!
Boost Me! Brownies
- 2 cans of (organic) Kidney beans (410g x 2)
- 1 cup flour of choice (I just used white flour)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of Australian Cocoa powder (AH)
- 3/4 cup of maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Boost Me!
- 1 block of dark chocolate (Lindt)
- Heat your fan forced oven to 185c
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender on high until smooth
- Pour the ingredients out into a baking tin (23x15x5) lined with baking paper.
- bake for 40 minutes or until you poke a skewer into the centre and it comes out clean
- Break your chocolate block into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Carefully melt the chocolate in your microwave until liquid (you might have to stop and start the microwave a stir the chocolate a few times to make sure it does not burn) Pour over your brownie.
Tip: You can eat it right away but I found it was even better the next day when cold.