'Dressings have the potential to lift your simple lettuce leaf into something WOW!'
Dressings can make a BIG difference to your lunch, dinners and snacks! Dressings have the potential to lift your simple lettuce leaf into something WOW! Making your own dressing is so fast, fresh and interesting! There are so many different combinations that you can create using our Boost Me! base vinaigrette. Depending on what cuisine you're working magic on, you can alter a dressing to match! Like a purple tahini drizzel over your buddah bowl, a minty splash on top of your couscous salad, a honey mustard zing to your humble green salad or a pretty-pokébowl dressing? Our Boost Me! mix adds a lovely consistency, colour and subtle texture due to the chia seeds in the base. Not only will you be satisfied but you'll be boosting your nutrition too by adding extra nutrients including antioxidants, iron, vitamin C and fibre to every dish!
Boost Me! Salad Dressing
The basis of a Sunny Mummy dressing is...
(use organic where possible)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (can be swapped with a different oil)
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar (can be swapped with a different vinegar)
- 1-2 tsp Boost Me! mix
- Squeeze of lemon (can be swapped with lime or orange juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Altering the base vinaigrette is easy with an extra ingredient or two or a swap from this list...
- Fresh herbs like mint, parsley, coriander, or rosemary (basil is already one of the ingredients in the Boost Me! mix)
- Shallots or spring onions
- Lime juice
- Orange juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Champagne vinegar if you want to be extra fancy
- Dijon or seeded mustard
- Infused olive oils
- Soy sauce
- Japanese rice wine (mirin)
- Sesame oil
- Greek yoghurt /coconut yoghurt
- Combine the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Seal and shake, shake, shake!
- You’ll be able to see the mixture emulsify as the vinegar and oil mix
- drizzle the dressing over your dish and enjoy!
How Long Does Vinaigrette Last?
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Before serving, shake the jar to re-emulsify the dressing.
- Nourish Me! Could work as a dressing too with it's lemon and ginger base.
- Double your mixture to save yourself some extra time if your a regular dressing lover.