A great post-workout snack since they are loaded with healthy complex carbs, protiene and natural energy!
Boost Me! Super Pancakes are made with bananas, eggs, almond milk (or milk of choice), vanilla extract, gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. They’re nice and fluffy and naturally sweet thanks to the ripe bananas. If you are a mum getting back into shape these pancakes are also a great post-workout snack since they are loaded with healthy complex carbs, protein and energy! Our Boost Me! pancakes will keep you feeling fuller for longer, encourage muscle growth and repair + give you all the nutrients that our Boost Me! mix brings on its own (antioxidants, iron, magnesium, vitamin C and fibre ). It feels luxurious, yet so quick and easy to make! Kids love them too!
Boost Me! Super Pancakes
(organic if possible)
- 2 medium ripe (turning brown) bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt or full fat greek yoghurt (also loaded with protein)
- 1-2 tsb Boost Me! Mix (Nourish Me! and Feed Me! mixes can work too!)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (around 1 minute). Let the pancake batter sit for a few minutes in the blender while you heat your pan (this will thicken the mixture and activate the baking powder)
- Add olive oil or virgin coconut oil to a large non-stick pan and place over medium heat.
- Add pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and tiny bubbles appear around the edges.
- Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Pancakes are best enjoyed immediately served with Boost Me! yoghurt + fresh berries and a drizzle of pure maple/agave syrup if you wish!
(makes around 8 pancakes)